- Let me Thread you a story… (1-12)
- Ned Riskom said as how he’d seen a leshy down Woodward Lane way. He’s usually sober as a church mouse. Not like him to spread tall tales.
- Then again he did once say as how he’d met the Queen of Sheba coming out of Bar-Bar’s Ice Cream Parlor & that sounded a bit off the mark.
- Bar-Bar herself didn’t mention the Queen. Then again, Bar-Bar once served a cone to Vice President Gilroy and didn’t know him from Adam.
- Vice President Gilroy allowed as how he’d never tasted finer rocky road in his life. Nice man. Him and his puppy, Adam.
- We’re always glad when Big People come through to visit us Little People. Makes us know we’re not totally alone out here on the fringe.
- So, back to Ned’s leshy. Trapper Bruce went down there to check things out but Woodward Lane can sometimes be downright weird.
- By the time Bruce got there, the elms had crossed the lane to have words with the oaks and there was an all-out tree war going on.
- ‘Spose one of them tree-shaper leshies could have had something to do with that, if more than one of them was walking Woodward Lane.
- I hear they fight to protect their territory. And they can take the shape of anything. Nobody remembers elms on Woodward Lane before.
- Bruce hightailed it out of there cuz the branches was flying like javelins & he didn’t fancy getting impaled for somebody’s else’s war.
- Ain’t none of us worked up the nerve to go down thattaway to see how the chips have fallen. Like I said, Woodward Lane is weird.
These tales can also be found on Twitter: @downportalville
Mirrored from Better Than Dead.